Wednesday, February 2, 2011

A little about us

Today is Day 2 of the blogging challenge. I figured a good place to start is with my family. If you are going to read 28 blog posts from me this month, you might want to know a little bit about the person writing them. Maybe not, but here it is anyway. :)

I have been married for 14 years. It will be 15 years this Friday. We are homeschooling our 3 daughters, a 12yo, an 8yo, and a 2yo.

We are an eclectic homeschool family. We pull from several different publishers, curricula, and lots of living books. Living books are my new favorite way to teach. We are currently reading a book called "Pocahontas, A True Princess." So far, we are loving it. My daughters are very picky about what we read. So anytime I find one that they both like, I let out a huge sigh of relief.

What about pets? We have a lab, two cats, and lots of fish. My girls would like to have more. More dogs, more cats, more fish, and whatever other animal I would let them bring home. But for now, I have my hands full.

We are currently in the dead of winter, with lots of snow on the ground and the wind howling as I write this. I love snow. I think it is beautiful. I love to see it falling, love to see it on the ground. Love to see the snow-covered mountains. But the dark, short, cold days of winter? Well, I don't like those so much. And I find myself battling cabin fever every winter, the past 5 years that we have been in snow-country. So if any one has any tips or suggestions on ways that you have successfully fought off the cabin fever, I would really appreciate it if you would share them with me. Bring it on, because I could sure use it.

Well, that is all for now. Now to start thinking about what to share with you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment