Saturday, August 20, 2011

Decisions. Decisions.

Why is it so difficult to make curriculum choices?  Maybe because there are so many choices out there?  Maybe because so many times, we have to make choices sight unseen?  Maybe because there is just no way to know if something is a good fit, until you give it a try?


Whatever the reasons, many times we end up with more books than we know what to do with.  Especially when we homeschool more than one child.  Multiply all these book choices by the number of students you teach, or the number of grades you are juggling.  And things can quickly spiral out of control. 

Oh and don't forget how much I love a good story book.  Yard sales with books for a quarter a piece.  Library sales with a bag of books for $2.  Before I know it, the shelves are overflowing with all of these great books.

So now what do I do?  How do I sort through all of these great books and decide which ones to let go of, when they are all such great books?  And of course, if I get rid of it, I just might need it some day.  Right?  So maybe I should hold on to them, just in case.

Ah, the dilemmas of a book lover.

1 comment:

  1. When you find the answer to that question, please let me know, okay?
    Thanks for joining the crew blog hop!

    ReplyDelete