During the summer, I am on the lookout for fun things to do with my kiddoes. And if it is free, then all the better! Here is a short list of some of the things that I have run across so far this summer.
1. kidsbowlfree.com - Kids get 2 free games per day. You do have to pay for shoe rental, unless of course you own your own bowling shoes.
Regal Cinemas - Many theaters offer free kid movies during the summer. It is usually on weekday mornings. Regal is $1.00, but some theaters are free.
3. Library programs - Most offer some sort of reading incentive programs and several free classes/programs for children and adults.
4. State Museums - Our state museum accepts donations, but actual admission is free.
5. Amusement Park Season Passes - Our passes paid for themselves in 2 visits, so any visits after that are free.
6. Museum and Zoo annual passes - Last year we bought a zoo annual pass. It paid for itself in 2 visits. Same thing with a local children's museum that we now have passes too. It paid for itself in 2 visits, and it includes free admission to several workshops every month. Don't forget, with a lot of these annual passes you will get free or at least discounted admission to other locations through a reciprocal program.
7. National Parks - nps.gov - Lots of the national parks have free admission. What a great way to learn history, by walking where it actually happened.